[Aptitude-devel] Resolver status.

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Mon May 18 03:27:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 08:17:49PM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org> was heard to say:
>   Of course, I haven't even compiled most of my code, so I don't claim
> that any of this works.  Hopefully I'll have a working prototype by
> next weekend.

  I've decided to commit my partial implementation to the repository,
to make sure there's a copy not on my hard drive (after all this work
I'd hate to lose it to some catastrophe).  This means that the
repository tip is BROKEN.  Hopefully I'll unbreak it tomorrow or the
day after.

  Normally I try not to commit broken code, but I really wanted to
checkpoint the current state in case something terrible happens (e.g.,
I get a clever idea and break the codebase even worse :) ).