[Aptitude-devel] Resolver status.

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Mon May 18 03:17:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:22:51AM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org> was heard to say:
>   Here's the implementation plan that I have so far.  These are just
> some notes I typed up -- I have a few changes at the end under
> "outstanding questions" that I haven't merged into the rest of the text
> yet.  (the section title should really be "questions that were
> outstanding when I got here, but that I have now answered to my
> satisfaction")

  I've gotten most of the way through implementing this.  The one
remaining problem is how to handle promotions.  I forgot to work this
into my initial plan, so I've been looking at ways to extend it.
I'm currently looking at using incrementally updated expression trees
to describe the conditions under which each choice or each step should
be deferred.

  Of course, I haven't even compiled most of my code, so I don't claim
that any of this works.  Hopefully I'll have a working prototype by
next weekend.

    Taking the rest of the weekend off,