[Aptitude-devel] Pictures and update of the Spanish translation.

Omar Campagne ocampagne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:50:17 UTC 2009

> How did you created
> the images? Have you reduced the resolution to keep these small? Maybe you
> can use pictures which higher resolution and apply the tool optipng to better
> compress the PNGs.

Thanks for the tip, I'm already looking at optipng. I used gimp to
resize the image, and then I changed mode RGB colors for indexed to
further reduce the size (in bytes) of the image.

I will retake the pics and use optipng, see if I can get a better
quality.

I think the biggest issue with quality is that I have to set a 400-300
(rough count) size for the image, and then reduce color quality to make
it have the mere 10-15 kb they are supposed to have. My pictures are
actually heavier than Daniel's.

However, once the documentation is built, the pictures are resized in
the manual, taking all the width it can (and corresponding height).
Because of that, they look bad. Small pic way too resized.

Daniel, is there any reason why you wanted such big pics in the manual?
Sometimes they are so big I cannot view them in the screen.

> Another one: Test also the install target of the Makefile (installs into the
> drectory given via configure's option --prefix or /usr/local) and verify
> that the images look fine. I initially forget about it :-)

I will do so and mail back, thanks.

Omar
--

"Why stop now just when I'm hating it?" -- Marvin The Paranoid Android