[Aptitude-devel] weird aptitude behavior with "grub" package?

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Sat Sep 5 07:25:03 UTC 2009

Sven Joachim <svenjoac at gmx.de> writes:
>> (I _can_ install "grub-pc" explicitly, so there's no obvious conflict)
>
> There is, grub-pc conflicts with grub.  I'll file a bug report on that
> issue.

Hmm.

Shouldn't this sort of situation cause _some_ kind of complaint from
aptitude?  I mean, it just removes the "grub" package despite it not
being marked "auto", and _doesn't_ attempt to replace it with anything
else.

-Miles

--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche