[Aptitude-devel] UI options

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Sat Apr 10 05:24:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 03:12:34PM -0400, Yavuz Yetim <yyetim at gmail.com> was heard to say:
> I want to find packages that are installed from archive "testing". When
> I add "pattern(~A)" to aptitude::UI::Default-Grouping, it shows which
> packages that are available from testing. I select testing, and then
> installed but it shows packages installed from stable as well. I guess
> the reason is most packages available from stable are in testing too.
> How can I group installed packages such that I can see the ones
> installed from testing and stable seperately?

  I don't think the automatic pattern grouping will work well with
archives when a package is available from multiple sources -- the way
it's implemented, aptitude will basically pick an arbitrary archive and
use it to insert the package into the hierarchy.

  You could do a non-automatic pattern, something like:

pattern(~A^testing$ => testing, ~A^stable$ => stable, ~A)

  which would put anything that's in testing into "testing", anything
that's in stable but not testing into "stable", and anything else into
~A the way your pattern above does.