[Aptitude-devel] Question regarding aptitude internally calling dpkg.

mhong at sunrisetelecom.com mhong at sunrisetelecom.com
Thu Apr 15 20:18:07 UTC 2010

Recently I encountered a problem using aptitude to install software on
removable storage. So I want to keep all status and package info to the
removable so I can just move this usb memory to different Linux machine.
I can change the apt.conf regarding the dpkg --admindir
to /media/removable, but during the apitude install, it uses dpkg
internally, and use the default dpkg admindir, so the status and info
are staying in /var/lig/dpkg, anyone can help me?

TIA.

Mark