[Aptitude-devel] Review of eb4d4a

Daniel Burrows dburrows at google.com
Wed Aug 18 17:49:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:18 AM, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> wrote:
> 2010/8/18 Daniel Burrows <dburrows at google.com>:
>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> wrote:
>>> I have one question about rebasing this patches. Before doing this I
>>> have to create required code snippets for google. We will be able to
>>> submit them since 30th and new code is not allowed to be there. I am
>>> not quite sure what will be the best option for this? Copy of files,
>>> one big patch or patch for each commit? I need to make a decision and
>>> any advice is much appreciated ;)
>>
>>  Ummmmmm, I don't know anything about this requirement.  Do you have
>> a link I could read?
>>

> http://pastebin.com/yK9nf8SL It is the copy of document from students' list

  I tracked down a discussion about this on the mentor list.

  Basically, it sounds like they just want to have some record of what
you've done, but it's not clear that anyone looks at it.  I'm tempted
to say that you should just send them a bare git repository >=).  I
think a file per patch that you've committed would be fine too, and
that would make it clear what your work was (vs mine).