[Aptitude-devel] 002-qt-stubs review

Daniel Burrows dburrows at google.com
Tue Jul 13 00:29:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> wrote:
> In Qt to receive signal it is needed to use connect functions. connect
> requires a pointer to a sender and a receiver of this particular
> signal. tabs_manager do not know about classes which want to connect
> to his signal. So receiver needs a pointer to tabs_manager_impl.
> There are many solution of this problem, but I am not sure which will
> be the best e.g.

  I guess the main thing that confuses me here is that I can't see the
signal, even in 004.  Is it something you haven't added yet?

  The way that I would expose a read-only slot in sigc++ is to pass a
slot object into an (abstract) method, e.g.:

    virtual sigc::connection connect_tab_changed(const
sigc::slot<void, tab *> &slot) = 0;

  If Qt has no way of abstracting over slots, that would make this
difficult.  In that case maybe you could just make a public signal for
now?