[Aptitude-devel] Experimental package and package_pool implementation

Piotr Galiszewski piotr at galiszewski.pl
Tue Jul 13 23:46:44 UTC 2010

2010/7/14 Daniel Burrows <dburrows at google.com>:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> wrote:
>> I created new class version, which is used by package class. version
>> uses the same principle as package class. Static factories were added
>> in the second patch, and the third adds new version of package_pool.
>> Its implementation is hidden in package_pool_impl class, which is
>> still a singleton. Also sigc::connection is used to for managing
>> signals.
>
>  Whoops, my last email was too vague.  I ended up thinking that it
> would be better to use a virtual interface with a singleton for
> package_pool.  It's about the same amount of syntax, but will be a bit
> more flexible.

Yes, I misunderstood you. I will fix this (I am writing tabs_manager
in proper way now. But I have faced some problems, so I am not sure I
will be able to post this before sleep)

>  Also, I meant to ask this before but forgot: what is the purpose of
> get_package_count and get_package_at_index?  Wouldn't it make
> more sense to retrieve packages by PkgIterator?

Both methods are used directly by packages_model. They are the heart
of package_pool from other Qt classes perspective ;)

I will send updated patches tomorrow. And as I wrote it is magically
compiling now ;)

Should I start rebasing of later patches on top of it?

--
Regards
Piotr Galiszewski