[Aptitude-devel] aptitude-qt VCS usage and code review

Piotr Galiszewski piotr at galiszewski.pl
Sat Jul 17 22:37:22 UTC 2010

2010/7/16 Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl>:
> 2010/7/16 Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org>:
>> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 01:10:43PM +0200, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> was heard to say:
[snip]
>>  You shouldn't have to implement anything or borrow code from generic/.
>> All you need to do is hand a string to the parse routine, catch any
>> errors you get back, and the pass the matcher to the match routine.
>> For input handling, there's a controller/view pair named "search_input"
>> that will do the parsing for you, so you just operate at the level of
>> search expressions.
>>

> Thanks I will have a look on it

Unfortunately, I can't use matcher in my case. I have to write
analogous code, which will match package objects on my view

[snip]

> I have implemented basic searching based on new filter classes and
> pushed it to the repo. Some refactoring is needed (write docs, maybe
> split some patches, and make filters_model use abstract interface
> patter - all other managers uses this, so I think this should use this
> too)

I think that branches:
- 002-qt-stubs
- 001.1-package
- 002.1-packages_tab
- 002.2-filters
are probably ready for review :) For now, all widgets are traditional
Qt widgets. If it will be preferred I can change them to use abstract
interface. As I know already how to do it, it will be easy and fast
task.

Tomorrow I will try write new status_widget architecture (based on
your previous proposal). If I success, I will start implementing some
new features (probably as I first task I will updating cache with
appropriate download tab)

BTW. Thank you Sune and Daniel for your trust for me during mid-term.
I will do my best to not fail

[snip]
--
Regards