[Aptitude-devel] aptitude-qt VCS usage and code review

Daniel Burrows dburrows at google.com
Mon Jul 19 19:53:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Piotr Galiszewski
<piotr at galiszewski.pl> wrote:
> 2010/7/19 Daniel Burrows <dburrows at debian.org>:
>>  bool matches(package_ptr pkg)
>>  {
>>    return get_match(p, pkg.get_pkg(), search_info,
>>                     *apt_cache_file, *apt_package_records).get() != NULL;
>>  }
>> };
>>

> Yes this will work. I only thought that it will be faster to use
> cached members of package objects than using pkgIterator. It could be
> measured, so I will try above code after finishing status_widget
> implementation. Without docs, it should be ready today

  Every other frontend uses PkgIterators for searching, and it works
fine for them.  I really do not want to see the Qt frontend implement
its own matching library -- that way lies madness!

  If you do find that your cached package objects are faster, then I'd
rather overhaul the matching library to (be able to) use them.