[Aptitude-devel] Using views::download_progress

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Thu Jul 22 06:31:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 01:35:26AM +0200, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> was heard to say:
> I am implementing package list. I tried to use
> views::download_progress and views::download_progress and
> controllers::acquire_download_progress. What is the proper way of
> using it?
> I wrote new download_progress which implements
> views::download_progress. To start download I created
> download_update_manager. download_signal_log and controller onject. In
> commandline code there are only to more lines  m.prepare and
> m.do_download(). Such code crashes for me with sigsegv in
> pkgAcquire::Run(int). Probably I forgot about something important.
> Other gui frontends use ui_download_manager instead of this
> controller.

  I think I need to see what you're doing to see what's wrong.
And more data, e.g., is it crashing immediately or during the download
or at the end?  Does valgrind report anything interesting with the
crash? (although IIRC, valgrind is broken at the moment and prints a lot
of useless false positives)  Is the cache file full loaded and functional
when you try to start the download, etc.

  I think this should work without the ui_download_manager, although
you probably want that too.

  (can't figure out more, may look again in the morning if I have time)