[Aptitude-devel] aptitude visual vs. --schedule-only

Stefan Söffing soeffing at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Jan 12 10:59:57 UTC 2011

Hi List,

what is the difference between

a) in visual mode selecting a package and pressing '-' (mark for removal)
b) aptitude --schedule-only remove package
?

I have the following problem: I want to full-upgrade to squeeze, however
this results in some conflicts (to be precise, 33 broken packages)
In visual mode I can select some packages by hand for removal which
solves the conflicts. However I'd like to do this on 10 computers as
batch job an tried
aptitude --schedule-only packages
to remove the offending packages. But when I do this, I get over 600
broken packages!

Can somebody give me a hint?

Thanks.

Stefan