[Aptitude-devel] Can't push to aptitude repository: "read-only filesystem".

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Sun Jun 19 04:47:54 UTC 2011

  So, having finally gotten some more time to do some work on aptitude
(starting with a totally trivial doc-fix a user emailed me), I tried to
push my changes out to alioth, and got this:

Counting objects: 9, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 458 bytes, done.
Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
error: unable to create temporary sha1 filename ./objects/00: Read-only
file system

fatal: failed to write object
error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
To git+ssh://dburrows@git.alioth.debian.org/git/aptitude/aptitude.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
error: failed to push some refs to
'git+ssh://dburrows@git.alioth.debian.org/git/aptitude/aptitude.git'

  Note the "read-only file system" error.

  I know there have been some changes to alioth recently, but I thought I
had read all the relevant emails, and I don't remember anything about
the VCS becoming read-only (although there were notes about a new,
separate URL scheme for read-only access).  Anyone know what's up?  Is
there some temporary maintenance or something going on?