[Aptitude-devel] apt vs. SSD computers

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Sun Dec 16 09:52:47 GMT 2012

Even though I only have a 1 Mb ADSL, I find Acquire::PDiffs "false";
will finally stop the torture my computer is put through. Even though it
is SSD, I can almost hear the disk or maybe CPU grinding without it. I
don't know who wrote the PDiffs stuff, but I bet they don't use it day
to day as they must have good computers and connections and don't need
it. I'm sure the must be something very inefficient going on inside it.
Also there is no way like nice(1) to lessen its grip on resources.