[Aptitude-devel] news about aptitude for the masses.

David Kalnischkies kalnischkies+debian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:45:21 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:19, Javier Barroso <javibarroso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another wishlist : would be nice to have History from packages [1] in aptitude

libapt users keep record of what they have done in /var/log/apt/history.log
nowaday, what we would need now is code to access the data in these files…
(its standard deb 822 format, so the usual parser works on it - even if the
 file is compressed, like in the rotates).

/me dreams of apt-history…

It might not include every detail, but it should answer the biggest questions
like "what packages updated yesterday?" or "when was this package removed?"…

Best regards

David Kalnischkies