[Aptitude-devel] Simple and direct question: Should we go ahead with a new release?

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:45:46 UTC 2012

2012/2/7 Daniel Hartwig <mandyke at gmail.com>:
> On 7 February 2012 01:36, Daniel Hartwig <mandyke at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, update tomorrow :-)
>
> So everything builds ok with these commands from the Git tree:
>
> $ pristine-tar checkout ../aptitude_0.6.5.orig.tar.gz
> $ git checkout debian
> $ git-buildpackage
>
> Manuel, since you are already DM, would you care to build/upload?
>
> [Be sure to change the name under the changelog entry in order to sign
> properly.]
>
> Otherwise, I will dupload to mentors.d.o and one of the others can
> sponser the upload.

Yes, I can do that, but I think that I cannot upload unfortunately --
the first time a Developer has to sponsor the package, DMs are not
allowed to change Maintainers/Uploaders and so on initially, if I am
not mistaken.

So I was expecting {Christian,Axel,...} to sponsor it for us
initially, if they're comfortable with that.

Cheers.