[Aptitude-devel] New version ready for sponser/upload

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Fri Feb 10 08:23:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > Christian seems to have been slightly quicker than me and uploaded
> > 0.6.5-1 already. (Otherwise I'd done that now. :-) Thanks for the
> > upload and thanks to all who made that release possible!
>
> Yep. I figured out that the discussion could continue for another
> upload

It will. ;-) But I'm glad Daniel fixed the easier stuff already.

> after this one receives our fellow developers' attention.

> Also, I thought it would be a good sign to everybody that life is back
> in aptitude land..:-)

Definitely the case. And not with a bad package but an actually smooth
one. :-)

> I was amazed to see that it actually took longer to build aptitude
> than it took to build samba, which I was building at the same time on
> the same biprocessor machine..:-)

Was initially the problem here, too. Not enough RAM and tons of
swapping. Took hours.

P.S.: About the first failed build on hurd-i386[1]: That was a manual
interrupt by the buildd maintainer. Asked him on IRC.

  [1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=aptitude&arch=hurd-i386&ver=0.6.5-1

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin