[Aptitude-devel] Stepping down as maintainer/developer

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Feb 27 17:46:16 UTC 2012

Quoting Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo (manuel.montezelo at gmail.com):

> I wish you good luck anyway, but I guess that the environment of the
> project is just not enough rewarding for me, or I am not good enough
> for it.

Hello Manuel,

I admit that I haven't followed recent discussions closely. I was only
seeing quite a lot of traffic in the mailing list and I was naively
thinking "hey they're doing great job" and I was thinking that
everything was working well.

So, really, your mail takes me by surprise. I went back quickly though
the ML archive and found out that Daniel and you were discussing abou
tyour proposed patches but...unless I overread thigns, I didn't find
these discussion really being potentially demotivating ones.

This is maybe something that needs to be discussed and if this is the
problem, then maybe you rmail may trigger a fruitful
discussion.....where everybody listens to others' arguments instead of
trying to push one own arguments.

Would it be something you would consider? I think it would be really
sad if, after reviving the whole thing, a dispute emerges and
half-ruins the efforts made by everybody.

I agree that a release is due out and even due out in unstable. I also
agree that perfection doesn't exist in this world and we also
sometimes need action. So, I'm fairly sure that we can find a
compromise *and* prevent you from stepping down.