[Aptitude-devel] Stepping down as maintainer/developer

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 11:00:37 UTC 2012

2012/2/27 Christian PERRIER <bubulle at debian.org>:
> So, really, your mail takes me by surprise. I went back quickly though
> the ML archive and found out that Daniel and you were discussing abou
> tyour proposed patches but...unless I overread thigns, I didn't find
> these discussion really being potentially demotivating ones.
>
> This is maybe something that needs to be discussed and if this is the
> problem, then maybe you rmail may trigger a fruitful
> discussion.....where everybody listens to others' arguments instead of
> trying to push one own arguments.

Well, I explained it in the other e-mails.  I just don't feel
comfortable in the project, that's it.

> Would it be something you would consider? I think it would be really
> sad if, after reviving the whole thing, a dispute emerges and
> half-ruins the efforts made by everybody.

I'm sure that Daniel and possibly other people emerging will continue
their effort and do a good job, my resignation will not cause much of
a trouble.

> I agree that a release is due out and even due out in unstable. I also
> agree that perfection doesn't exist in this world and we also
> sometimes need action. So, I'm fairly sure that we can find a
> compromise *and* prevent you from stepping down.

0.6.5 is already released to unstable, you uploaded it.  I was talking
about the last release, not a new one.

Cheers.