Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 01:40:26 UTC 2012

I suspect you have probably used the form on the PTS web interface to
do this by now, but just to clear up about the email interface ...

> This is an email I got from owner at packages.qa.debian.org :-
>
>> Subject: Your mail
>> subscribe <aptitude> [shirishag75 at gmail.com] {=} <default,cvs>
> <aptitude> is neither a source package nor a binary package.
> It may be a 'pseudo package' or a mistake...
>
> A confirmation mail has been sent to [shirishag75 at gmail.com].
>
>> --
> Stopping processing here.

The various types of bracket are used to indicate syntax, they aren't
included in the actual commands, i.e. "<sourcepackage>" becomes
"aptitude", "[<email>]" means that it is optional to include an email
address (you can leave it out if sending the mail from the address you
want subscribed).

Try:

subscribe aptitude shirishag75 at gmail.com
keyword aptitude shirishag75 at gmail.com = default cvs