[Aptitude-devel] Simple and direct question: Should we go ahead with a new release?

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 01:39:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

In my opinion, yes, we should.

The amount of fixes that we're incorporating is quite big, and maybe
if we pay attention to the saying that "every bug fix introduces new
bugs", we have produced a few of them already.  Do we want to have to
deal with many new bugs produced by the new release? ;)

Now, seriously... the amount of changes starts to be quite big ("49
Pending Upload" in the BTS at the moment).  I think that it's better
to release before continuing incorporating fixes or making other
potentially disruptive changes.

Cheers.