[Aptitude-devel] Simple and direct question: Should we go ahead with a new release?

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 09:46:39 UTC 2012

2012/1/29 Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>:
> What I wonder: Will that be just be a new Debian package of 0.6.4
> (that's what the changelog[1] currently suggests) or will it be
> aptitude 0.6.5?

Yep, what it started as incorporating NMU changes and so on ended up
with fixes in the "upstream" part of the code.  IMO it's clear that we
should bump the upstream version.

That this is not a "native" package adds to the confusion, but I don't
know what's the best way to solve that.  For many of these issues it
would be much better to have input from dburrows, to know his original
intents and the pros/cons, but we cannot count on that, it seems.

>  [1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=aptitude/aptitude.git;a=blob;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/heads/debian
>
> What's your current plan on further upstream development?

I plan to do some, but starting slowly, I am busy with more projects
at the moment (most of them related to Debian anyway).

But Daniel Hartwig alreay created the branch wip-commandline to
improve the consistency and bring things closer to apt, so things are
definetly moving forward in that area.

Cheers.