[Aptitude-devel] aptitude 0.6.9

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 06:33:56 UTC 2012

Hello all

Too late for Wheezy, but 0.6.9 has been put up on mentors.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/aptitude/aptitude_0.6.9-1.dsc

The focus for this version has been to make aptitude a better
command-line citizen.  There is stricter checking for problems and
more consistent reporting of errors using the exit status.
See NEWS for full details.

Search commands (search, versions, why, …) introduce an exit status of
1 to indicate that no matches were found.

Libept is no longer used.

I have checked the new package against some depending programs,
tasksel (previous version), wajig, and cron-apt.  Those are all
working ok with the new command-line handling on my tests however, as
I don't usually run those programs there could be some unnoticed
programs.  The new command-line handling is the way to go, so if there
are problems with other programs I am eager to work on patches, etc.
to enable them to handle the change.

Regards