[Aptitude-devel] aptitude 0.6.9

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Mon Jul 2 11:51:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > So Axel, Christian, please make a judgement call on this before
> > deciding to upload, for the reasons Manual mentions below.  If these
> > command-line changes aren't really appropriate at this stage of
> > releasing (I don't really have experience to judge that properly) then
> > we'll just leave this version until after Wheezy.
>
> I think it's too late for wheezy if aptitude's interface changes.

Same here.

> You'll have hard times convincing the release managers that
> such changes are worth a freeze exception.

If there are other fixes in that release which should go into wheezy,
I suggest to cherry-pick them into a seperate git branch for wheezy
(e.g. called wheezy or 0.6.8) and put them together in a 0.6.8.1
release which then can get uploaded to unstable after a review from
the release team.

> My advice would be using experimental for new versions from now on.

I'd suggest that, too.

(Have been offline yesterday.)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin