[Aptitude-devel] Heads up: aptitude-gtk will likely vanish from Debian

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 02:11:13 UTC 2012

On 23 March 2012 18:16, Stefano Canepa <scanepa at gmail.com> wrote:

> but I need some help with aptitude internals

Hi

Everyones time is limited.  You should expect some--not a lot--of help
with that.  The code is there to study and will be your primary source.

> I think that before starting coding the team needs to decide if a
> GTK+ UI to aptitude is worth the effort, creating a new interface
> and maintaining it's not so easy.

It would be your effort, so you are the person to decide if it is
worth it.  Right now there is a functional curses interface and this
is the focus of development.

aptitude-gtk started as a Summer of Code project and has received some
attention over the years.  At the moment it is incomplete and
unmaintained, so it has been dropped.

Regards