[Aptitude-devel] aptitude 0.6.6-1 available on mentors.d.n [Review]

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Tue Mar 27 09:51:13 UTC 2012

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Hartwig wrote:
> On 27 March 2012 07:30, Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org> wrote:
> > Grouping with pattern(~ri386,~ramd64) doesn't split out i386 packages
> > into their own group either, but pattern(~ri386 => i386, ~ramd64 =>
> > amd64) does. So I suspect that ?architecture() doesn't yet set a title
> > or has similar issues.
>
> At the moment a title is only set by regex patterns (most patterns but
> not ~r).

I see.

> It is possible to special-case particular non-regex patterns to do
> this and apparently this was done in older versions but not anymore.

I don't see it as a regression. Just as a use case of new features. :-)

> With ~r I wanted to avoid having collisions (e.g. ~rmips matching mips
> and mipsel; ~ri386 matching i386, kfreebsd-i386, hurd-i386)

Good thing! Keep it that way.

> by later adding support for arch wildcards[1] ("kfreebsd-any",
> "any-amd64", etc.). This would be complicated if it supported regex
> matching also.

Fully agree.

> It is easy to switch to regex though, if there is demand for it.

I don't think so.

> > (If that's really a bug and I'm not just only too dumb or too tired to
> > read the docs, I'd upload anyway, and file an according bug
> > afterwards. :-)
>
> It is actually several bugs/missing features:
>   - no architecture grouping policy;
>   - ?architecture() should either match all non-virtual packages, or
> raise an error;
>   - pattern(~ri386) should have enough information to choose titles;
>
> All three are now fixed.

Yay!

> > * The changelog entry of 0.6.5-1 has been changed retrospectively.
> >  While I think it's a good think to fix older changelog entries, IMHO
> >  it's better if it's mentioned that they have been changed.
>
> I have a clean diff on my end.

Ok, then likely the fault is on my side.

> Do you perhaps have an older mentors.d.n version of 0.6.5-1
> installed?

Possibly. I took the one from reviewing 0.6.5-1.

It was btw. an additional line mentioning that a homepage field has
been added. That line is in the changelog at
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/aptitude/current/changelog
at another position as I saw it added in the debdiff. So just forget
about it and sorry for the noise.

> > Nevertheless, if the decision is to upload it to unstable instead of
> > experimental, I'd upload 0.6.6-1 as is -- but of course aren't against
> > an updated changelog. :-)
>
> The changelog has been updated for the other items which were missed

Thanks!

> Your experience and keen eyes are a great help once again.

"debdiff | colordiff | less -RS" does most of the work. :-)

> I have uploaded the updated version which should appear on
> mentors.d.n shortly. Due to the non-multiarch changes please do
> upload this to unstable.

Will do, but likely not before the evening again.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin