[Aptitude-devel] Workflow questions (was: Changes to git branches)

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 19:03:03 BST 2013

>Hi Daniel,
>
>Daniel Hartwig wrote:
>> I have pushed two new branches, debian-sid and upstream-sid, containing
>> the packaging work targetted at sid (currently also wheezy).  The old
>> debian and upstream branches are no longer in use and will probably
>> disappear shortly.  If you work from the debian-sid branch I have
>> updated git-buildpackage (debian/gbp.conf) for the new names.
>>
>> Active branches:
>>  - master: development of next major release;
>>  - stable-0.6: development suitable for updates to wheezy;
>[...]
>>  - debian-sid: packaging;
>
>Now that Christian and me can also commit to aptitude's git repo, I
>wonder if it's just fine to commit to these branches as it seems
>reasonable?
>
>Acvtually I do have some fixes for lintian warnings or trivial bug
>fixes pending locally, but don't want to push before being sure not to
>break your workflow with such commits.

As a suggestion, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to use git-buildpackage
defaults for non-native packages (upstream, master for Debian package).

It will make things easier for potential contributors in the future.

Cheers.

PS: Thanks for keeping track of things like the documentation to Alioth and all
     of these housekeeping stuff, it's very nice to have the documentation up to
     date in a central place.

--
Manuel