[Aptitude-devel] Suggestion: Getting out soon, but without the Russian docs being built in the first run

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 21:40:01 UTC 2014

2014-01-26 19:01 Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo:
>So if there are no RC bugs reported, I will upload -2 with the new
>package for russian doc in a few days, just after it migrates to
>testing or so.

The package migrated today to testing.  Several things to consider...

- Should we go ahead with the plans upload this now-ish (e.g. by the
   end of the week)?  Or do we want to revisit the decision, and for
   example also include the changes in master in a "new upstream

   From the Debian side, there's only the change by Daniel "Make
   aptitude installable on non-native architectures" (somewhat
   important for people who rely on it, I guess), and the one about the
   russian documentation.

- Neither the changes of master or debian need much hurry, but I think
   that we should upload ASAP with the russian doc to get the step of
   the NEW queue out of the way, so we don't have to think about this
   or plan ahead in the next releases.

Finally, I think that partly the decision by which I would prepare the
release was because Axel would be in FOSDEM, but that's over now.  If
somebody else wants to prepare the package is fine for me.


More information about the Aptitude-devel mailing list