[Aptitude-devel] Aptitude 0.6.10-1 (mentors.d.n)

Daniel Hartwig mandyke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 04:45:38 UTC 2014

On 12 February 2014 09:50,  <manuel.montezelo at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Like Manuel, I missunderstood these sentences first, too, but I now
>> think you talk of a reupload to mentors.debian.net, not to Debian
>> itself.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> But then again, the upload was only to mentors.d.n (twice as it seems)
>> and hence could be seen as a proposal. IMHO not the smoothest way to
>> do such a proposal, but acceptable.
>

> I didn't misunderstood, I knew that it was to mentors.
>
> But uploading to mentors and marking the package as seeking for a
> sponsor (which might do the upload even if by mistake) can hardly be
> called just a proposal, in my opinion.

Right.  Let us not call it a proposal.  It is a new version of a
package prepared by the present maintainer and deemed suitable for
release.

> As I already pointed out in the previous email, there's a thread about
> that in this mailing list, which was completely ignored, and no
> proposal has been made other than "I just created the new release".

No, consideration of raised issues was made.

> Therefore I think that the 0.6.10-1 should be retired from mentors.d.o
> and untagged in the VCS (as I said several times, I wanted at least to
> include a few more changes discussed in BTS).

Such changes are minor and can wait some few weeks until a subsequent
release.  The issues addressed are years old.

>> [Comments about attribution in the changelog]
>
> Either way it's fine for me, I didn't use it in .3-1 and .4-1 because.
>
> Whatever the decision, it should be applied consistently.

The previous release and others have not contained accurate
attributions in the changelog.  Such concerns can be addressed in
future releases, it is not a major issue.

Presented on mentors.d.n is an adequately prepared package, deemed
suitable for release by the current maintainer.  If there are no
technical issues with it, I request it be uploaded to the archive by
one of the team members.

The cycle of new minor bug fixes delaying packaging of the new
documentation must be broken at some point.  I deem that point to be
now.

Any discussion about release process and perhaps integrating
consideration for new contributors (i.e. Manuel) in to that process
can occur after this release.  Preferably, after some weeks as I don't
particularly care for it at this time, especially after long rants
received recently.

Unless there are technical objections about the prepared package, please upload.