[Aptitude-devel] Thanks for the bug triage over the past few days and weeks

David Kalnischkies david at kalnischkies.de
Tue Feb 11 18:32:04 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 01:42:11PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> http://qa.debian.org/data/bts/graphs/a/aptitude.png looks impressive.
> (I suspect DonKult will be cursing again. ;-)

I curse? I don't! You bloody ignorant lying son of a [censored]…   ;)

Axel is refering to my last comment in such a thread:
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/aptitude-devel/2012-January/001823.html

But I will not this time! I came to terms with it.
I even like it now than apt is at the top and its good to see
that it can place some more ground between itself and aptitude, too!
http://qa.debian.org/data/bts/graphs/a/apt.png

Of course, it would be nice if it wouldn't have chosen "bug count" as its
metric for supremacy, but yeah, (nearly) 16y old kids these days, you know:
They do what they want. Then it is older, it will behave better…
(or so I hope at least, it can legally drink beer then after all!)

I did these clean-sweeps a few times in the past, so I know what an
achievement that is and I applaud for it. I am not going to lie though:
The even harder part is to keep the count heading downwards.

So good luck with it – and if you are bored by aptitude bugs,
you know now where you can have even more fun! ;)

Best regards

David Kalnischkies