[Aptitude-devel] Suggestion: Getting 0.6.8.4 out soon, but without the Russian docs being built in the first run

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo manuel.montezelo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 13:47:07 UTC 2014

>Hi,
>
>Daniel Hartwig wrote:

>> > Sounds good to me, in fact I had though about doing it this week-end.
>>
>> Yes, please do so.  The last release was handled well.
>
>Manuel: I'd be happy if you could do that release then as I may not
>find time for doing it.

OK, preparing it now for upload, since everybody is happy.

I am not sure when should we upload -2 with the russian doc enabled:

- immediately?  This could be a problem if there are serious bugs with
   the .4-1 release (be it due to internal or external changes) and the
   release with new binary package doesn't allow later versions to
   bypass the queue for emergency fixes (I'm not 100% sure about what
   would happen in this case).

   Can we disable russian doc if there's some "emergency" and bypass
   the queue for a new version?  Does anybody know for sure how to
   achieve that?

- wait for a few days too have more confidence that everything is
   fine, until the .4-1 gets again to testing for example?

I lean towards #2, but would like to have the assurance that we can
use the "eject seat" button if there's something very wrong or if it
spends a lot of time in the queue.

Cheers.
--
Manuel