[Aptitude-devel] Concurrent package downloading (like apt-fast)

Cal Leeming cal at iops.io
Sat Jan 31 14:48:48 GMT 2015

Hello,

For several months now I have been using apt-fast as a wrapper for
apt-get. In short, it concurrently downloads all packages to cache,
before handing back over to apt-get for running the installation. In
every situation I have used this, it has resulted in faster download
speeds.

Could a core dev please speculate on why similar functionality has not
yet been implemented by default? Is this on the roadmap? If not, would
such a feature ever be considered?

Cal