[Babel-users] Filtering

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Nov 19 14:27:59 UTC 2007

I'm slowly starting to work on a filtering infrastructure for Babel,
and I'm wondering what kind of filter predicates are needed.

I'm thinking of starting with gated's filtering language,

  http://madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca/gated/config_guide/filter.html

removing some features, and adding filtering by router id both of the
route originator and of the next hop neighbour.  This is so that you
can, say, avoid routing through a router that you don't like, or
choose the internet gateway that you use.

Do people have any better ideas?

I'm not just doing that for the fun of it -- filtering is a necessary
prerequisite for IPv4 support.

                                        Juliusz