[Babel-users] Disable wired optimisations

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Feb 7 13:58:54 UTC 2008

>> I activated it (I almost always use babel over a wireless interface) and
>> I'll let you know if it solves the issue I had when using Babel over
>> OpenVPN (ie. freeze after some time).

> Nope, I still get the connection freezing from time to time. The tunnel
> seems to stay up, I can see some packets with tcpdump, but I have no
> default route (and no DNS by the way). Can't explain it...

No, that's a different issue.  My scripts on huponomos are buggy
somewhere -- they're supposed to restart babel and ahcpd after the
OpenVPN daemon creates a new interface, but for some reason they stop
the daemons but fail to restart them sometimes.

The long-term solution is to have Babel react automatically to changes
in link status; I've done some work in that direction, but not enough.

                                        Juliusz