[Babel-users] IPv4 autoconfiguration

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Sun Feb 17 16:01:03 UTC 2008

>> Is there a way to *disable* IPv4? It's pretty annoying when I connect
>> to wifi.pps.jussieu.fr via openvpn to get IPv6 connectivity and get a
>> lot of garbage rules in my (IPv4) routing table instead.

>        -s     Do not perform stateful autoconfiguration; the autoconfiguration
>               process will be finished after  stateless  autoconfiguration  is
>               done.

Note that this won't disable IPv4 if Gabriel already has an IPv4
address on the VPN interface.

In addition to disabling stateful autoconf, Gabriel should add some
filtering rules to /etc/babel.conf.  The most radical solution is

  in ip 0.0.0.0/0 deny

which will reject all IPv4 routes.  To allow IPv4 routes
to the wifi network only,

  in ip 192.168.4.0/24 allow
  in ip 0.0.0.0/0 deny

and to just reject the default route and the route to PPS,

  in ip 0.0.0.0/0 eq 0 deny
  in ip 134.157.168.0/24 deny

                                        Juliusz