[Babel-users] FW: Loose ends with Babel

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Jul 8 10:19:58 UTC 2008

>From my point of view, it would be nice to have shorter massages,
>because I am using protocol on very limited bandwidth link, also is
>better to have shorter messages anyway.

Well, if you're running over low-throughput links, you're probably
already doing link-layer compression (PPP BSD or Deflate compression,
most likely), so encoding Babel messages in a more compact manner
will buy you very little.

I'm really not convinced either way, I guess we'll need more
experience and larger deployments in order to know.

                                        Juliusz