[Babel-users] Babel at WBM and "hoping over the same channel is evil"

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Apr 22 23:08:48 UTC 2009

> http://hackerspace.be/wbm2009#toc8

Mmmm... purty pictures.

> http://hackerspace.be/local--files/wbm2009/babel_0.94-1zoo_mips.ipk
>
> I still need to test the radio isolation, but the perfomance is much
> better then anything you can achieve with hoping on the same radio
> interface.

Please use 0.95 instead of 0.94.  0.94 has some stupid bugs with link
quality estimation, you'll get unstable routing with it, and I won't be
able to use your results.

By the way, for anyone interested in understanding what all of that is
about, please check

  http://www.meshdynamics.com/performance-analysis.html

If you want to know why it's difficult to do right,

  http://www.cse.yorku.ca/course_archive/2006-07/F/6590/Papers/yang2.pdf

and if you want to understand why it's possible in Babel but not in OLSR
to do approximations of their metric, check the Babel draft, section
2.5.2.

                                        Juliusz