[Babel-users] cornercase issue (link sensing)

Harald Geyer harald at lefant.net
Wed Apr 29 00:55:16 UTC 2009

Hi!

I believe I found an issue that might lead to unstable links in the
corner case of two interfaces sharing the same broadcast domain:
Since hellos on different interfaces are sent with different
sequence numbers peer nodes might get very confused. - Especially
vlan setups often use the same mac address on many interfaces.

I think this doesn't matter in practice. I'm mentioning this mostly
because OLSR developers were quite concerned about this issue a few
weeks ago. Also this might become more of a problem in the future, as
mesh nodes tend to become larger but the set of useable frequencies
is very limited.

BTW: Just noticed, that the config file parser is very unhappy about
lines with trailing white space.

Harald