[Babel-users] not routing

Michael Grant mgrant at grant.org
Thu Nov 5 18:50:41 UTC 2009

In fact, it's just:

   ====A....B-----

A solution I see might be to modify babel itself to give it more
control over these external routes.  I was hoping babel-pinger would
help manage this but now I more fully understand what it does and this
is not it's role.

I started writing a script to replace babel-pinger.  On B, it would
try to ping A's connection and if it exists it would delete the
default route and set the default route towards A.  I have not tested
this thoroughly, it may cause a routing loop if A is trying to use B's
connection.

Another solution similar to your solution would be to use a node, C
out side somewhere on the internet and create tunnels from A to C and
B to C and run babel on all 3 nodes:

  C===A...B----C   (where C is the same machine, somewhere on the
internet with good bandwidth in and out)

Michael