[Babel-users] Question about AHCP

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:10:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have some questions about how AHCP-server distribution is working.

If I got the README file right every node in a mesh needs to run AHCP in
client mode and you can install any number of AHCP-servers.

Every server needs it's own IP range which cannot be shared with other AHCP-
servers.

Does this mean I have to reconfigure the olsr AHCP-servers to add more AHCP-
servers to the net, because they must give away some of their IPs ?

What happens when one AHCP-server is dropping of the net ? Do every client of
it's IP range gets a new address from another servers IP range ?

Henning Rogge