[Babel-users] babeld-2.0

Henning Rogge hrogge at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 22 19:09:56 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag 22 April 2010 20:47:24 schrieb Dave Taht:
> I concur about secure BGP's limitations. It's what I meant by "halfway
> decent". As for OSPFv3 + IPsec + IPv6, it's actually, well, not
> horrible. I had never heard of anyone getting it to work before today,
> actually.
IPv6 and IPsec should be "fun"... IPsec, IPv6 and multicast is 'the holy
grail' (does not work on linux according to my knowlegde).

The problem is that securing a routing protocol you need to authenticate the
propagation of the topology/distance information through the whole net. IPsec
cannot really do this.

Henning

--
1) You can't win.