[Babel-users] Questions on the "new" AHCP

Alex Morlang alx at dd19.de
Fri Jan 15 10:42:00 UTC 2010

Am 15.01.2010 um 08:18 schrieb Gabriel Kerneis:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 07:20:00PM +0100, ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)
> wrote:
>> 1) AHCP is a stand alone program, so does not depend on olsr or
>> babel,
>> so its configuration is autonomous, correct ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> In openwrt I expect to configure everything in /etc/conf/ahcp
>
> The relevant files are (currently):
> /etc/config/ahcpd               (basic client configuration)
> /etc/init.d/ahcpd               (more complex things, including
> server)
> /usr/lib/ahcp/ahcp-config.sh    (could move in a near future - the
>                                 default is /etc/ahcp/ahcp-config.sh
> but
>                                 this has been changed in OpenWrt for
> no
>                                 good reason)

the ahcp-config.sh should be updated to use uci states to set ip
addresses, as right now, the settings will not survive any actions of
luci/uci.

the initscript has already been updated to use symbolic interface
names lik "lan" or "freifunk" instead of "eth0.2" or "ath0".

you also need to address uci sections out of the script, so something
like
  section=`uci -P /var/state show network|grep ifname|grep $1$|cut -
d . -f 2`
might help.

>> 5) How do I tell the mesh node what is the IPv6 prefix of the network
>> in /etc/config/ahcp ?
>
> Currently, you cannot.  I implemented it a while ago but unfortunately
> forgot to commit it and lost the changes.  I will send a patch to the
> OpenWrt mailing-list in the next few days.
>
> Meanwhile, you can edit /etc/init.d/ahcpd as follow (/!\ not tested):

> =
> =
>
> Then, in /etc/config/ahcpd, use:
> =
> =
> config ahcpd
> 	option interfaces "wl0"
> 	option server "ipv6,first,last,dir,name-server,ntp-server"

this is also very dirty and should be done in separate config variables.

> =
> =
> (See http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/ahcp/ahcpd.html option -
> S)
>
> This will turn your access-point into an ahcpd server.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Gabriel Kerneis

Gruss, Alex