[Babel-users] Questions

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:45:27 UTC 2011

Hi!

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> However, the computation of routes to C is completely independent of the
> computation of the routes to a different source D.

Not if D is on the shortest path to C.

For my example:

A -- B -- C

If I have computer the shortest path to B (from A and C). Then when I
am computing shortest paths to C, I do not need to search any node
behind the B, when I reach B. Except if they are reachable by some
other path, in this case I compare it to B. But I do not traverse
(again) the graph behind B. I already did that when I was computing
shortest path to B itself.

But it is not important. I wanted just to understand why you name this
Bellman-Ford.

Thanks for all the answers.

Mitar