[Babel-users] Questions

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Mar 30 16:15:33 UTC 2011

> even for such simple graph as:

> A ----c----> B

> there is not luck for me, as B cannot tell to the A that it received
> the message from it

Right.

> So how B tells A this? If I understand only with IHUs? Which are sent
> only directly?

Right.

> So if there is a bad link backwards this could make IHUs be badly
> transmitted and in the limit no IHU would get to A and A would not
> know that there is maybe a very good link towards B?

Only if the backwards link is nonexistent -- IHUs are highly redundant,
you'd need to lose 9 IHUs in a row in the current implementation.

> I am thinking about very long HAM links which work only in one
> direction, using two separate channels for each direction (so two
> routers on each side)

If you get me in touch with people who are actually interested in
putting Babel on such a network, I'll be glad to work on the issue.  I'm
willing to generalise from a single example, but I'm not going to try to
generalise from 0 examples ;-)