[Babel-users] babeld 1.1.0 Creation of routing entries

Hauck Antoine HSLU T&A antoine.hauck at hslu.ch
Fri May 27 08:22:23 UTC 2011

Hi Juliusz

First of all, thank you very much for your effort.

I'm trying to port the babel protocol to TinyOS and I use some parts of babeld in addition to your RFC to understand how the protocol is working.

When the babeld is started, at the beginning no route entries exist (stored in *routes in router.c). When I analyzed your code, I saw that the check_neighbours() method is kinda responsible for creating new routes. It's calling update_neighbour_metric(...) -> update_route_metric(...) -> route_changed(...) -> consider_route(...)

I just don't see how the route entries are created at the beginning, when there are no route entries at all, because the update_neighbour_metric(...) iterates thorugh existing route entries and calls update_route_metric(...). But when no route entries exist, update_route_metric is not called at all.

I think I'm looking at the wrong code segments, where are new routes created if no such exist?

Thank you very much in advance

Antoine