[Babel-users] ahcp proto is back in OpenWrt

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Sat Oct 1 11:31:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 07:38:29PM +0200, Gabriel Kerneis wrote:
> You can now use again "option proto ahcp" in your /etc/config/network (just
> like you would use "option proto dhcp" usually), with a hopefully correct
> implementation this time.  You can mix this configuration with interfaces
> listed in /etc/config/ahcpd; both will be used.

A few more remarks on using "option proto ahcp" in /etc/config/network:
- it only works when ahcp is configured in client mode (which is the case by
  default).  It is ignored on purpose in forwarder and server mode; feel free
  to complain if you disagree.
- ahcpd-0.52-2 would leave the interface half-configured if ahcpd is in server
  or forwarder mode.  This is fixed in ahcpd-0.52-3 (trunk r28350): "option
  proto ahcp" is now the same as "option proto none" in server and forwarder
  mode.
- ahcp options for each interface must be put in /etc/config/ahcpd, *not* in
  /etc/config/network contrary to the previous implementation.

I do not use the lUCI interface, but I'd be glad to know whether it still
works if anybody uses it.

Best regards,
--
Gabriel