[Babel-users] Summary from Brussels meeting

David Täht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:47:38 UTC 2011

On 10/11/2011 07:13 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As many of you may know, Zoobab (Benjamin) organised a Babel meeting in
> Brussels this last week-end.  I couldn't stay until the end (perhaps
> Zoobab and Pieter can fill us in), but here are a summary of the part
> I was present at.

I was at this meeting as well, but working on substantially different
stuff. I had a good time meeting everyone I'd merely corresponded with
for multiple years...

Stuff I worked on

1) babeld head had been somewhat broken when an interface was added or
removed. After getting a test case for julius, he fixed it (fixes are
now in babeld git head), and I spent the remainder of the weekend
testing it, without crashing it or observing weird behavior.

2) The CS6 patch (also in head) appears to be helping deal with the udp
flooding problem I'd encountered with babel several months previously.
(If you flood a bufferbloated network)

3) Cerowrt has too much new stuff for someone familiar with openwrt to
readily deal with - instead of simple test cases like adhoc to adhoc
mode, it has multiple ap modes in addition to adhoc

4) AP mode does not yield usable channel information for babel at present.