[Babel-users] ahcp proto is back in OpenWrt

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Sep 30 17:38:29 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I juste updated ahcpd in openwrt trunk (r28337, version 0.52-2).

You can now use again "option proto ahcp" in your /etc/config/network (just
like you would use "option proto dhcp" usually), with a hopefully correct
implementation this time.  You can mix this configuration with interfaces
listed in /etc/config/ahcpd; both will be used.

The only minor annoyance is that the ahcp daemon is restarted when you up/down
an (ahcp-enabled) interface.  This could be fixed, but it would mean that you
have to restart the daemon manually instead when you add or remove the option
in the config file for some interface.  I'm still unsure which of both
annoyances is the greatest, so I decided to follow the principle of least
astonishment for the time being.

This has been tested but might still contain bugs --- please test too!

Best,
--
Gabriel