[Babel-users] babel jumps my default route

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at anarcat.ath.cx
Thu Aug 2 19:29:51 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-02, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> in ip 0.0.0.0/0 le 0 deny
>
> I've just checked again, and it works just fine -- it rejects the
> default route.
>
> Are you sure that the babeld.conf file is being read (it's in /etc/)?

I am not sure. It is in /etc.

> And that the spurious route is not being installed by DHCP or something
> else?

I am sure it is not installed by a DHCP client - there is no such thing
running on roadkiller. There's the "mpd4" PPPoE daemon running, but I
strongly doubt it's in cause, as it's *his* route that gets overwritten.

I also note that the default route has babel's markings on it:

Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif Expire
default            172.16.1.1         UG2      1838   521393    vr2

The "2" is the mark of RTF_PROTO2 flag on that route.

Also, if I stop babel and restore the default route, it doesn't come
back, until I start babel and wait for a few minutes again.

The strange thing is that the default route is not listed in babeld
-d1...

A.

--
La démocratie réelle se définit d'abord et avant tout par la
participation massive des citoyens à la gestion des affaires de la cité.